If you’re a beach lover, you’re going to love what we’ve put together for you in this post: 17 of our favorite black sand beaches!
Black sand beaches are some of the coolest places you’ll ever see in your lifetime.
Have you ever been to a beach filled with black sand?
You’re one of the lucky ones!
If you haven’t…
We put this post together to give you a little feel for what they look like and where to find them.
Spoiler Alert: Think of areas with volcanoes.
Black sand beaches are usually located near volcanoes because the black sand forms from lava and other volcanic materials.
So you can expect beach images from some of the most popular travel destinations: Hawaii, Greece, New Zealand, and Iceland.
But those aren’t the only places!
You can find these gifts of nature all over the world. So write all of these places down!
Keep scrolling below to see our favorite black sand beaches.
17) Lovina Beach – Lovina Beach, Bali
16) Kamari Beach – Santorini, Greece
15) Anse Céron – Martinique, Caribbean
14) Piha Beach – Auckland, New Zealand
13) Anse Chastanet Beach – St. Lucia
12) Black Sand Beach – Maui, Hawaii
11) Muriwai Beach – Muriwai Beach, New Zealand
10) Black Sand Beach – Shelter Cove, CA
9) Playa Negrita – Vieques, Puerto Rico
8) Karekare Beach – Karekare, New Zealand
7) Perissa Beach – Santorini, Greece
Go here for more gorgeous pictures of Greece!
6) Playa Jardin – Tenerife, Canary Islands
5) Miho no Matsubara – Shizuoka, Japan
Yes, that’s Mt. Fuji in the background!
4) Punalu’u Beach – Big Island, Hawaii
3) Stokksnes Beach – Stokksnes, Iceland
2) Vik Beach – Vik, Iceland
1) Diamond Beach – Jökulsárlón, Iceland
I think the black sand beaches are my favorite…
Don’t you want to go right now?!
Have you ever been to a black sand beach?
How was it?
Tell us about it in the comment section!